Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Pub and Restaurant

20 - 22Lincoln Square
Gettysburg, PA
717-334-7100
http://www.the-pub.com/

Not Recommended

When I walked into the Pub I was pleasantly surprised. Tiffany lamps hanging from a tin ceiling mirrored subtle color across the wide, curved bar. I ordered a Smithwicks (pronounced Smivicks for the heathen) and asked for a menu. The beer was fine but the novel that was handed to me was a disaster. Too many pages of bad menu items with ads of places I will never visit on the mirror page. The menu was so predictable I could have imagined it in a bad Applebee's dream. My appetizer choices ranged from Buffalo Wings to Crab and Spinach Dip...uggghhhhh.....entrees ran the gambit from pizza to burgers and nachos. I can't tell you how bad this place was...it brings bad to a whole new level of badness...

I can't even be bothered to continue. If you are ever in Gettysburg and get tired of the haunted battlefields you can go to the Pub and see the cursed menu.

No comments: